International Father's Day Quote


The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!

00000

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich

~ M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

00000
'Honour thy father and thy mother' stands written among the three laws of most revered righteousness."

~ Aeschylus

00000
Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!!

~ Philip Whitmore Snr

00000
"I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week."

~ Mario Cuomo

00000
Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.

~Red Buttons

00000
"My father always told me, 'Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.' "

~ Jim Fox

00000
Fathers are angels sent from heaven.

~ Unknown

00000
"The father is always a Republican toward his son, and his mother's always a Democrat."

~ Robert Frost

00000
A man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season.

~ Anonymous

00000
"You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's. He's more particular."

~ Robert Frost

00000
"Father I will always be

that same boy who stood by the sea

and watched you tower over me

now I'm older I wanna be the same as you"

~ Yellowcard

00000
"A father is a banker provided by nature."

~ French Proverb

00000
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

~ Elizabeth Stone

00000
"Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers - and fathering is a very important stage in their development."

~ David M. Gottesman

00000
A father is someone that

holds your hand at the fair

makes sure you do what your mother says

holds back your hair when you are sick

brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy

lets you eat ice cream for breakfast

but only when mother is away

he walks you down the aisle

and tells you everythings gonna be ok

~ Unknown

00000
"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."

~ Sigmund Freud

00000
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.

~ Enid Bagnold

00000
"For rarely are sons similar to their fathers: most are worse, and a few are better than their fathers."

~ Homer

00000
I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.

~ Bartrand Hubbard

00000
"Love matches, so called, have illusion for their father and need for their mother."

~ Friedrich Nietzche

00000
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.

~ Gloria Naylor

00000
"A wise son maketh a glad father."

~ Proverbs

00000
It is a wise father that knows his own child.

~ William Shakespeare

00000
"That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, and the enemy of all."

~ J. August Strindberg

00000
The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.

~ Confucius

00000
"An angry father is most cruel towards himself."

~ Publilius Syrus

00000
Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development.

~ David Gottesman

00000
"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

-- Unknown

00000
If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.

~ Bill Cosby

00000
I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.

~ Sigmund Freud

00000
You know, fathers just have a way of putting everything together.

~ Erika Cosby

00000
A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

~ Knights of Pythagoras

00000
Be kind to thy father, for when thou wert young, who loved thee so fondly as he? He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue, and joined in thy innocent glee.

~ Margaret Courtney

00000

My father was a statesman, I'm a political woman.

My father was a saint. I'm not.

~ Indira Gandhi

00000

How true Daddy's words were when he said: "All children must look after their own upbringing." Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.

~ Anne Frank

00000
4 years: My Daddy can do anything!

7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.

8 years: My father does not know quite everything.

12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.

14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.

21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!

25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.

30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.

35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.

50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?

60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!

65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.

~ Unknown

00000
I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.

~ Sigmond Freud

00000
My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.

~ Lee Iacocca

00000
A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.

~ Gabriel García Márquez

00000
It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.

~ Pope John XXIII

00000
It is a wise child that knows his own father.

~ Homer

00000
Noble fathers have noble children.

~ Euripides

00000
A father carries pictures where his money used to be.

~ Author Unknown

00000
If a son is uneducated, his dad is to blame.

~ Chinese Proverb

00000
It is much easier to become a father than to be one.

~ Kent Nerburn

00000
"Train up a child in the way which he should go
and when he is old he will not depart from it"


~ Proverbs

00000
Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

~Lydia M. Child

00000
He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father's wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father's care.

~ William Penn

00000
Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown.

~ Author Unknown

00000
It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.

~ Anne Sexton

00000
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.

~Johann Schiller

00000
That is the thankless position of the father in the family - the provider for all, and the enemy of all.

~ J. August Strindberg

00000
For thousands of years, father and son have stretched wistful hands across the canyon of time.

~ Alan Valentine

00000
The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

00000
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."

~ Charles Wadsworth quotes

00000
"Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough"

~ Wilhelm Busch

00000
"It is a wise child that knows its own father, and an unusual one that unreservedly approves of him"

~ Mark Twain

00000
"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family"

~ Anthony Brandt

00000
"To be a successful father there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years"

~ Ernest Hemingway

00000
"Every parent is at some time the father of the unreturned prodigal, with nothing to do but keep his house open to hope"

~ John Ciardi

00000
"The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf."

~ Bertrand Russell

00000
"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

~ Bill Cosby

00000
"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."

~ Clarence B. Kelland

00000
"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again."

~ Enid Bagnold

00000
"One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters."

~ George Herbert

00000
"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass"; "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys";"

~ Harmon Killebrew

00000
"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!"

~ Lydia M. Child

00000
"Fathers are biological necessities, but social accidents."

~ Margaret Mead

0000
"A king, realizing his incompetence, can either delegate or abdicate his duties. A father can do neither. If only sons could see the paradox, they would understand the dilemma."

~ Marlene Dietrich

00000
"My father was very strong. I don't agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don't agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn't do it either."

~ Madonna

00000
"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."

~ Sigmund Freud

00000
"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was."

~ Anne Sexton

00000
"Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance."

~ Ruth E. Renkel

00000
"When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry."

~ William Shakespeare

00000
"That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, and the enemy of all."

~ August Strindberg

00000
"When one has not had a good father, one must create one."

~ Aziza Friedrich Nietzsche

00000
"He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father's wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father's care."

~ William Penn

00000
"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

~ Mark Twain

00000
He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.

~ Clarence Budington Kelland

00000
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."

~ Harmon Killebrew

00000
One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.

~ George Herbert

00000
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.

~ Bill Cosby

00000
Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name.

~ William Wordsworth

00000
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.

~ Enid Bagnold

00000
Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!

~ Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836

00000
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.

~Johann Schiller

00000
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.

~ Mark Twain

00000
Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown.

~ Author Unknown

00000
There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.

~ John Gregory Brown

00000
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

~ Elizabeth Stone

Subscribe Here for Lovely Sms